Android 10 vs Android 11: The Features Everything you need to know
Android 10 vs Android 11: The Features Everything you need to know
Android 11 vs Android 10: What has changed? Google has announced the stable version of Android 11.
Android 10 isn’t even running on 10% of Android devices yet, but we’re already moving to Android 11.
The earliest Android 11 developer preview appear in middle of February.
The agency has involved various exclusive features in the initial build of the OS.
However, we are not stimulating you to install Android 11 Preview on your mobile just yet. You are in all probability to run into bugs and execution issues.
In September 2020. Google brings a new updated OS which is known as Android 11. Today we will discuss what’s new in Android 11 as compared to Android 10.
So, let’s take a look at what we can expect from the final build of Android 11 and android 11 features.
Android 11 Features
- In case of Android 10 vs Android 11, While Android version 10 begin components such as Focus Mode and Dark Mode, the Android 11 update adds these features permits users to adjust them further.
- As a result, Android customers can have a more personalized experience with Android 11 features as the OS can be customized to suit their experience.
- So without any further, let’s take a look at some of these exciting components.
1. Prioritizing Conversations
- You can quickly read and reply to messages from multiple apps from the notification shade.
- Your active message notifications will appear above other notifications. You can better focus on active conversations.
- You can also ‘star’ crucial conversations that can interval through Do Not Disturb mode and appear on the lock screen.
- This is understandable as every app wants a piece of the notification shade and things will be a some less cluttered now.
2. One-Time Permission
- Now you can only allow apps grant app permissions to access device locations once.
- That way you can give apps you don’t completely trust permission to use your camera, or provide your location one-time access rather of lifetime access.
- And it’s certainly a big step towards better user privacy.
- In addition, it also introduces a setting component called Permissions Reset, which will thoughtlessly clear entire approval from applications that you haven’t used in a while.
- When it is done, you will of course be notified. You will also be informed when this happens so you can keep track.
3. Chat Bubbles in Android 11
- Chat Bubbles will let you have multiple active communications on your home screen.
- It allows you to continue the conversation as a bubble and helps you with multitasking.
- It should work like FB Messenger Bubble, but other messaging apps in the Google Play store will be able to implement them efficiently.
- To operate the bubble, all you have to do is long press on the text notification and choose the option to open in a bubble.
4. Native Screen Recording
- Android 10 reviews were filled with demands for a fixed screen recording feature, and exclusive gadgets loaded with Android 11 features have the same screen recording option as the stock tool.
- You can select to record sound only from your gadget, the mic, or both.
- You can permit the option to record from the notification tile to make the process much faster.
- This feature was part of Android 10 beta but was later removed.
5. Share Menu Pinning
- Android 11 has an choice to pin the apps you can share regularly to the top of the list.
- Although, the Android sharing menu has been a mess lately.
- The option was there in Android 10 beta but was canceled in the final version.
6. New Method to Share Files
- Now, Android has its own version of AirDrop which is known as Nearby Share or Quick Share.
- It has the potential to operate with various Android devices, Chromebooks or any device running the Chrome browser.
- You can easily copy and share information such as text, making communication and description much easier than before
7. Check display refresh rate
- With the high refresh rate screen becoming increasingly common, Google added an option to display and check the refresh rate under developer settings.
- Developer Options give permissions you to check the refresh rate of your device at the top of the screen with real time monitoring depend on the execution-of your smartphone.
- This is nice because you won’t have to pound through shady apps to check whether your phone’s screen is actually as fresh as advertised.
8. Upgraded Camera
- With 3P optimization implemented by Android, your phone camera will work optimally with apps like Snapchat.
- Developers can also use the new API to mute phone vibrations from notifications or ringtones when the camera is in use.
- The Android 11 version of the stock Camera also supports Camera HAL, permit developers to test new apps using the exclusive version of Android Camera2.
9. Media Controls Carousel
- Media controls in the quick settings carousel.
- The user will be able to resume playback and control media — even after the meeting is canceled or the device is rebooted.
10. New API’s
- Two new APIs have been introduced to enhance the user experience.
- The first is the 5G Status API, which provides android 11 updates about whether a user is available on a 5G network or not.
- If your device has an angled hinge, your device’s applications will now be able to adjust themselves to fit the screen properly.
Android 10 Features
- The phones come pre-installed with the OS version and are supported by a number of features that may change the method you use your Android devices.
- So, before we start differentiating this version from Android 11, let’s check out some of its most important components
1. Sound Amplifier
- One of the most noticeable changes in Android Q is the presence of a new listening experience, be it lectures, TV or music.
- The presence of a sound amplifier allows you to increase the volume, reduce background noise and fine-tune the audio to achieve a completely personalized listening experience.
- Through this, the use of headphones brings much more clarity than before.
2. Privacy Control
- First, you can start adjusting all of your privacy settings in one place, making it more convenient to access app permissions, account activity, and personal data.
- After that, you can decide what data you want to save on your device and for how long to retain it.
- You can also choose when to share your location, permanently or never.
3. Focus Mode
- This mode is one of the great, excellent, usable feature to increase productivity.
- Focus Mode allows you to stop annoying apps and turn off notifications so you can focus on what’s important in it.
- Its highly customizable functionality enables you to decide which apps you want to mute and bypass.
Difference Between Android 10 or Android 11
Now that you know about the key features of Android 10 & Android 11 so, let’s take a look difference between Android 10 and 11.
Search their great differentiating elements that will help you to know about the both versions in a better method.
Android.11Android.101.Camera3P optimization for better use on third-party apps like Snapchat.
An Android app developer can now test the Android Camera API.
Mute options for phone sound are now available.
Monochrome output is now enabled.
Some camera features require permission before they can be accessed.
Supported .hiec format for saving images.2.PrivacyYou can select to have apps access phone data when it’s in use.
Permissions are automatically reset when an app is not used for some time.
Apps run instantly after an update is done, so you don’t miss anything.Emergency location services can send detailed location details to emergency services.
App permissions can be viewed from a single location, and access to such data is more convenient.3. Texting and SharingAndroid 11 allows you to use chat bubbles to curate conversations and you can access them anytime.
Nearby Share feature allows you to quickly send and receive files to and from nearby devices.You can view content previous to sharing, and it is faster and easier than in previous versions.
Wi-Fi Share allows you to send details to a guest using a QR code without revealing your password.
Apart from this, there are various other android 10 versions which are given below.
You can select to connect/disconnect from the same network in Android 11, which is not possible in 10.
Android 11 offers you various options to successfully save your storage, while Android 10 with the help of setting tab you can empty your space.
Importance of Android App Development
Instant apps are becoming increasingly popular in the context of Android app development.
These do not follow any kind of extra space on the mobile and allow customer to ‘trial run’ without having to install the app.
The main reason behind this is the rise of 5G networks, and businesses will have to update their software to integrate smart devices as well.
With all this, you should definitely know about that both Android 11 and 10 focus on making the benefits of your devices more up-to-date.
In fact, they have a unique set of differences that you need to learn about in order to build an app for your target customers.
Also read our blog the illustration to the basics of package.json in 2021.
Android 11 is already available for many devices. If you have any of them, do try and tell us your experience. How do you find new updates?