Top 15 Industries that Drive the On-Demand Services
Top 15 Industries that Drive the On-Demand Services
An on-demand economy is beneficial to many people at different levels of the food chain.
It is defined as economic activities made up of digital market segments and IT companies with technology-related activities to satisfy their customer needs through goods and services.
With the emergence of on-demand delivery services like Instacart (grocery), Postmates (anything available locally), Justpark (parking), Task Rabbit (handy) and Airbnb (hospitality), this is really becoming true.
According to a report by PWC, on-demand apps will reach about $335 billion by 2025.
From this, we can predict a huge increase in the number of on-demand models and applications.
Most on-demand services providers like Uber and Lyft serve the customer’s location and more are offering them digital content using the device as in the case of the Hulu and Netflix platforms.
Let us take a look at the top 15 industries that are disrupting the entire traditional sector and transforming lives with on-demand services.
Advantages of On-demand economy
- Goods and services can be supplied, it is easy to provide the best service easily.
- Customers can meet their needs in an economical, scalable and efficient manner.
- You can provide your services for many companies.
- This type of service can provide a lot of benefits, and traditional methods of marketing and business methods are replaced here.
- Schedule flexibly.
- Freelancers will rise more for this kind of service.
Top 15 best service Industry disrupted by economy on demand
The emergence of on-demand services around the world has facilitated the growth of industry verticals and prompted enterprises to automate their services.
With the best on-demand services you can make a lot of profit with technology. There are lots of industries that make more money with on-demand services. Let’s discuss some of it
1. Food Delivery
On-demand services map the on-demand food delivery industry is growing.
These delivery apps are my reason for my dinner, lunch, and even breakfast every day.
Millennials love online food delivery apps.
The on-demand food delivery sector is expected to reach $200 billion by 2025.
Food delivery apps like Uber Eats, Seamless, GrubHub and Doordarshan have now become a part of the everyday lives of millennials.
2. Transportation and travel
- The transportation sector owns an on-demand economy thanks to the likes of Uber and Airbnb.
- This is the area where the majority of VC funding goes.
- Apparently, over 75% of the funding has gone to just 5 “on-demand” startups and four of them are in travel and transportation.
- People cannot hurry by taking busy public transport and delaying their work. On-demand transport apps help them book their cabs that pick them up and reach their location safely.
- Yellow Taxi, an on-demand taxi app, works on a SaaS model and with a little customization and branding can be ready to take control of your entire fleet and bring it into an on-demand economy.
3. Learning industry
- The emergence and importance of education is the main reason for reforming the learning industry with more on-demand learning apps.
- The future of the on-demand economy confirms the learning industry.
- More people are very interested in learning new skills and languages in less time with less amount.
- On-demand learning provides easy and flexible learning on every subject.
- It makes a person better in his studies and empowers new skills. The oldest method of learning has completely switched to virtual learning and is using e-learning apps.
4. Retail & Online Marketplace
- An enhanced version of on-demand app development and economy in retail and online marketplaces.
- With its exclusive integration of On-Demand including its retail business model that has become easy which places an order and receives it in less time with cost effective solutions and high security practices.
5. Heath care Industry
- On-demand healthcare mobile apps are gaining widespread popularity.
- The healthcare industry is vast, and can be classified into several.
- An advanced healthcare mobile app to help you check your general health checkup, virtually visit your doctor, order your medicine and get health tips.
- The health care industry is making millions of dollars with their on-demand service apps.
6. E-Commerce Industry
- Most top On Demand service. One of the major breakthroughs for on-demand services.
- As per to research,. eCommerce applications like Amazon, Alibaba and Flipkart have given us a whole new experience of online shopping.
- The eCommerce app growth has seen a boom as an impact of rising revenues.
- There are tons of platforms to buy and sell for all your needs.
- There is a lot of demand for e-commerce application development where more people strive for their business.
7. On-demand fuel delivery
- The on-demand delivery industry has made it possible for many businesses to break out of their traditional ways.
- Over the years, several on-demand fuel delivery start-ups have emerged in different corners of the world.
- These start-ups enable on-demand consumers to refill their vehicles with just a few taps on the phone.
- These start-ups have acquire enormous popularity mostly in urban areas.
8. On-demand cooking gas delivery
- The on-demand model has been successfully implemented in this vertical as well.
- With the advent of on-demand LPG distribution solutions, startups and enterprises can offer their customers a rich experience.
- These services provide a convenient customer experience as they can book a new cylinder or refill the old one with just a few taps on their phone.
9. Professional Services
- The most versatile industry that has experienced a major transformation into the on-demand economy, is the epitome of a professional service.
- The professional service industry has perhaps the highest potential.
- All professional services like mechanics, carpentry, electrician, pest control, household work babysitting, plumbing etc.
- This Service is arguably one of the best on-demand service platforms for fuel delivery in the world.
- This California-based startup has disrupted the fuel industry by distributing fuel to commercial fleets, universities, campus-based companies and property owners.
- As the company claims, Booster Fuel provides fuel delivery services to over thousands of people working in over 300 companies, including Oracle, Cisco, PepsiCo, Facebook, etc.
- According to Crunchbase News, Booster Fuels has raised about $56 million. Currently, the startup is looking to expand into new markets.
- Yoshi started its operations in Palo Alto in 2015.
- The year 2016 was a milestone for Yoshi as he was accepted into Combinator.
- These additional services offered by Yoshi include oil change, car wash, wiper blade swap etc.
- That same year, he raised $13.7 million in Series A funding from Kevin Durant, ExxonMobil, and GM Ventures.
10. Doctor on demand
- It would not be wrong to say that Doctor on Demand is the Uber of the healthcare vertical.
- It is a health care app which provides all health related services to the patients.
- Doctor On Demand always maintains high quality service which makes them the number one healthcare app.
- It is difficult for customers to find time to take care of themselves these days in a busy schedule.
- With the salon’s proprietary on-demand app for home services, customers can access hair and beauty care services from the comfort of their own.
- Plus, if you build an on-demand salon app solution, you don’t need to spend much money buying a shop and hiring a large staff.
12. Car wash
- Now customers do not have to stand in long lines to wash their cars.
- They can book super-fast car wash service with just a few taps on their smartphone.
- This provides a great opportunity to the customers with a busy schedule as they can easily set the time slot for the car wash.
13. Online Learning
- There is no fixed age to learn anything.
- This importance of learning and education has caught the attention of on-demand service providers.
- In the past, education was confined to schools, colleges, coaching centers and libraries only.
- On-demand learning offers a demo, daily classes, exams and assessments, certification, report analysis, and more.
- With the e-learning app, learners can choose their platform and study their potential subjects for free.
- With the help of on-demand services have made easier and more organized services than ever before.
- The delivery time and booking process remained the biggest concern.
- There are many on-demand applications like Delive, Postmates, Getwagon and TruckBuddy that have already tasted success with this business model.
- It includes on demand services like beauty services in their busy schedule.
- People will no longer have to rely on brick and mortar workout studios or gyms.
- This applications, in-fitness streaming platforms, etc. bring efficient workout content to people at their homes.
- The best part is that you can choose highly qualified trainers from anywhere and don’t limit yourself to local trainers.
On-demand services will continue to disrupt many industries apart from the normal ones.
With advanced technology coming into play, there will be a fierce competition among the firms to provide the service in the shortest possible time and that too at an optimum quality.
On-demand apps are the future for most traditional industries.
These applications are the bright future for the largest traditional industries.
Our mobile app developers pledge to deliver the full range of services. If you need to develop your on-demand services, Deliverable is the best online mobile application development company in the world.